SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

YNET: Arab-Israeli Soldier Hides His Uniform from Neighbors

Samir (alias), 26, a Muslim Arab from northern Israel and a married father of one, is a combat soldier in the IDF. He serves in a Home Front Command search and rescue battalion, whose men also perform combat activities. "I love the army," he says. "If I was born and raised in Syria, I would have served in their army. But I live here, so I decided to do my part and enlist."
    In Samir's village army service is not generally accepted. The few who volunteered are still the target of harassment. His wife and parents were the only ones who supported his decision. "I'm in a good place," he says. "If I can continue in the regular service, I will. If not, I will try and join the civilian emergency services: police or fire brigades." Despite the difficulties, Samir calls on Muslim youth to follow in his footsteps. "It's very gratifying," he says. (Ynet News)