SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

SOLDIERS OF IDF VS ARAB TERRORISTS

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Obama stars in Israeli McDonald's commercial and what it means

Here's a McDonald's commercial (in Hebrew) featuring President Obama buying a 'Big America.' (Having never bought anything in a McDonald's, I assume it's like a Big Mac in the US.

Let's go to the videotape. More after the video.



And to think I used to joke when we lived in a different part of Jerusalem that I moved to Israel so that I could see the golden arches in Mevasseret at night....

Actually, the Leftist +972 magazine found political overtones in this commercial. 
Now, of course I’m not saying that America exists thanks to Israel. But there’s something about the reversal of roles that rings true in an era where the Israeli prime minister feels he can intervene in an American election, or easily push aside new diplomacy efforts by an incoming secretary of state.
This kind of reminds me of Babe Ruth's quip when told he was making more money than President Herbert Hoover.
"I know, but I had a better year than (President Herbert) Hoover." - 1930 Babe Ruth response to his salary of $80,000 being more than the President's $75,000
You're welcome to try to figure out all the ways in which my comparison applies. But perhaps this column explains it best.